This 400-meter high freestanding Mix Use Tower, born with the mission to create a pioneering and innovative design concept, which will stand as a new-age landmark and a symbolic voice to the world of Taiwan´s new spirit.
The proposed shape links the required program with some inspirational features such as the Eiffel Tower (structure and icon), the Origami (symbolic generation) and Taiwan´s star-look flag (identity).
The massing development had in consideration the need to become the most visual focus and the new gateway image for Taichung area, so the building perception is different from every corner and establishes renewable relations with the city from within the building and from the outside context.
Link to other OOIIO Architecture Experiments.
- Awards and Honours: Merit Award in International Open Architectural Competition (2010).
- Status: Competition.
- Project Year: 2010.
- Location: Taichung, Taiwan.
- Area: 68.500 m2.
- Design: OOIIO Architecture+ OODA
- Team: Joaquin Millan, Juan Jose Ortega, Sandra Sainz, Diogo Brito, Rodrigo Vilas-Boas, Francisco Rugeroni, Alfredo Munoz.
- Client: Taiwan Government.