- Awards and Honours: Merit Award in International Open Architectural Competition (2010).
- Status: Competition.
- Project Year:2010.
- Location:Taichung, Taiwán.
- Area: 68.500 m2.
- Design: OOIIO Arquitectura + OODA.
- Team: Joaquín Millán Villamuelas, Juan José Ortega, Sandra Sainz, Diogo Brito, Rodrigo Vilas-Boas, Francisco Rugeroni, Alfredo Muñoz.
- Client: Taiwan Government.
This 400-meter high freestanding Mix Use Tower, born with the mission to create a pioneering and innovative design concept, which will stand as a new-age landmark and a symbolic voice to the world of Taiwan´s new spirit.
The proposed shape links the required program with some inspirational features such as the Eiffel Tower (structure and icon), the Origami (symbolic generation) and Taiwan´s star-look flag (identity).
The massing development had in consideration the need to become the most visual focus and the new gateway image for Taichung area, so the building perception is different from every corner and establishes renewable relations with the city from within the building and from the outside context.